Sustainable House Of Worship (SHOW) Workshop
Leading by example can be a powerful part of our moral responsibility to care for creation. By reducing the carbon footprints at our houses of worship we also lower energy bills and free up funds needed for other important purposes. Participants will learn what to do about:
- Electricity — How to recognize the major energy hogs — and what to do about them.
- Solar Power — Is solar an option for your congregation?
- Heat & Air Conditioning — Is it time for an upgrade?
- Building Envelope — How to make your congregation more comfortable & save money.
- Behavior — How simple actions can reduce your energy bill – and carbon footprint – by 10% or more.
1:30 pm: Registration, refreshments and networking.
2:00-5:30 pm: Workshop: Presenters are Jim Nail and Bill Schroeder.
All faiths welcome!
Clergy, lay leaders, building & creation care committee members encouraged to attend. We recommend 2 attendees per house of worship. Light refreshments will be served. Fee is $20 payable online through PayPal, or at the door by check. Register in advance at http://conta.cc/2rsBUAh
. Advance registration closes on October 11, 2017.
For more information contact Vince Maraventano at vince@MIPandL.org or 617-244-0755.
Flyer for this event: /files/files/imagesenvironment/show_longmeadow_oct15_2017revised.pdf
Sponsored by The Massachusetts Conference of the United Church of Christ